Penarth is a vibrant Victorian town just 4 miles from Cardiff, the capital city of Wales. It is an amazing mixture of old & new, in culture & architecture, and offers a warm welcome to all visitors.
The Cafe International is truly a Cafe with a difference! It’s a place where internationals can feel especially welcome and ‘at home’; somewhere to meet new friends, share in free English lessons if you wish, and to enjoy all things international!
Are you living, working or studying locally & looking for something new to do or somewhere to go to meet new people?
Whether you are a student, an aupair, working or busy with family, Cafe International could be just the place for you!
The Cafe was set up 10 years ago to provide a social network for internationals living locally & is currently located at Tabernacle Church Penarth (www.tabspenarth.org.uk) where we have the use of the Lounge & Gym areas (downstairs as you enter the building).
The Cafe is run by a team of local volunteers who organise and provide various activities for internationals and friends.
We aim to provide:
- A relaxed atmosphere
- A variety of social activities, themed evenings, quiz nights, board games, sports
- Trips to local places of interest
- An informal language lesson for approximately 45 minutes from 7:30pm for those who want to join in
- A Language Bank where you share your language with others who wish to learn, or perhaps learn a new language yourself by informal discussion
At Thursday’s Cafe you can:
• Meet new friends
• Relax at the end of a busy day
• Learn about the cultures, customs, food & music of different countries
• Improve your English
• Chat, play games/sport
• Get practical help & advice
. Join our Language Bank
At other times you may wish to:
. Meet for coffee
. Join a Cafe cultural trip
. Request additional language support
. Join the weekly Cafe Bible Bites group
You also won’t want to miss:
. Cafe Weekends Away (see Gallery section of this website)